Saturday 14 June 2014

Main characters, liberation and Festival of Romance

Morning folks, I'm wide awake early on a Saturday morning when my body and mind could really do with a lie in. Long gone are the days of teenage sleep when you rise and half the day has flown.

 I've had an strange but liberating week. Firstly, I shared my writing with two close colleagues at work. That might not sound much to others but I rarely mix my day job with my writing world based on past experiences. This is my sixth year in this particular school and I've hidden my novel writing to avoid the added stress and pressure of constant questions about 'are you published yet?' But Monday, I took the bull by the horns and let them into my world - thankfully both were delighted and a tad shocked. For me it was a huge mile stone, it felt liberating to relax rather than retain my nightly musings. I can hear you asking 'when are you telling the rest of the day job?' Hmmmmm, when I have a publishing deal.

This week I've been tagged by Morton Gray in the 'Introduce your main character' blog game, so please check out her blog at mortongray.blogspot.co.uk and meet Tanner Bryant, from her W-I-P 'Rosie and Tanner'. Next Friday I'll be adding my contribution to the tour and you'll be able to read about my main character 'Maggie Ingram'. I know, a snippet from my current work-in-progress, I never give you that, do I?

And finally, just a small nudge incase you've forgotten to purchase your Festival of Romance tickets for 12th and 13th September in Leighton Buzzard. festivalofromance.co.uk

So, I'll love and leave you to crack on with the writing - enjoy x

No comments: