Saturday 1 December 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012, plans and determination

Morning folks, as you now know I completed the NaNoWriMo 2012 on Thursday evening with a total of 50,213 words. By my word count I had written exactly 50,000 words but the software used to validate gave me the extra ones – thanks!

Firstly, I will be participating next year – I’ve made a note and will be planning from October. But, and here’s the wonderful thing about completing anything in life – I learnt so much. I’ve learnt:

… that in just 17 days I can write 50,213 words (I didn’t write for 12 days during the month)
… that with just a character name and a title I can produce ideas from thin air whilst I type
… that my back didn’t ache anywhere near as much as I had expected, just the final days.
… that a deadline date is such a motivator.
 ... that my productive output is much higher than I ever envisaged.
… that I always achieve what I set out to do.
… that my writing buddy are worth their weight in gold
… that 2012 is my most creative and productive year ever.
… that my desire to be a novel writer is unwavering.
So, now that Nano 2012 is complete, what next? Well… I’ve got a whole host of things I want to complete. I have a children’s story to write, I need to get back to ‘Weigh to go!’, I now have ‘Pooch Parade’ to edit and add a further 50,000 words too and a whole heap of competitions and ideas to get down onto paper. So my aim today, is to make my Christmas cake, which I should have made weeks ago, do some university study and then have a little planning session, with a calendar at hand, to see when I can fit in all these wonderful ideas – oh, and cram Christmas in between. But hey, if I can complete Nano in 17 actual days – I can do anything!

In the right hand panel, I have listed the writing group tasks that I'll be completing next year. Each task is a 1000 words unless it is a poem, in which case a maximum of 40 lines. Join in if you fancy a challenge, I'll let you know how I get on as the dates arrive.
 
Remember you can follow me on Twitter by searching for odwyer_author – that way you can accompany my creative journey as it happens. Enjoy!

No comments: