Sunday 18 November 2012

NaNoWriMo day 17&18 weekend challenge 10,000 words - I've done it!

Hi folks, I promised I would have a go at 10,000 words in one weekend and the result from yesterday was 5404 written in four hours. My fingers literally flew about the keyboard as I had a week of ideas to pour out. This brought my total word count to 28465.

I've woken this morning with an aching back, so will have to make sure I am sitting correctly today but, I am  a very happy bunny.

The aim for today is for another 5000 words. I have already written 616 words while I ate breakfast but am disappearing to dog training in a mo, so will pick up the task when I get back.

Please pop back later to keep an eye on me - it makes it so much easier knowing that I have shared my challenge with followers and I'd hate to let you down, as well as myself. Enjoy!

Update: I've done it! 10,426 words in two days!!!! WooHoo! I knew if I put my mind to it then I could do it, but all the same it feels great to have reached my weekend goal. This means that from Saturday morning I have gone from 23061 to 33487 word count for NaNoWriMo.

My NaNoWriMo stats page is saying that for me to finish my challenge on 26th November I just have to write 1271 words per day. I promise you now, I am going to do this smaller amount each day and see where it lands me. I have a free week ahead so there is no excuse for dropping behind and having to repeat what I've achieved this weekend. Right, I'm now heading out for a jogging session to help free up these tired muscles.

See you tomorrow folks - enjoy!

No comments: